Friday, October 21, 2011

Help Save Lives Via change.org

Everyone knows I like a good petition or protest, but I don't do it just for the heck of it. I do it because I believe in making a real and lasting difference in the world. I believe in not standing by while innocent children and women are mistreated, malnourished, abused, and looked down upon. Many people don't want to hear about the sad ills of the world, but just because you don't want to listen, doesn't mean it's not there. It's there and YOU have the power to do something about it.


My wonderful friends Phil and Dalene Hamer wrote a petition on change.org: petition the adhesive industry to add nasal irritant to glue to stop kids from inhaling their products. Phil Hamer was large part of the creation of the documentary Glue Boys which highlights the issue. The issue is very close to home as the Hamers have adopted two boys from Kenya who were formally street kids. They believe in a better tomorrow for all children, even the children society casts aside. I believe with them in their dream for a better tomorrow.


Please take a few seconds out of your day to sign this petition. There aren't any hidden catches, other than it pretty much makes you a better person. Please take a second out of your day to step outside of your comfortable situation to think about all the children out there who are huffing glue to escape their painful situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!