Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The First Amendment

First of all, I've severely neglected my blog over the past few months. I've been working my butt off between my day job and working on Thailand stuff, taking a class, and had a few personal disasters. I'll write another post later giving an update on Thailand, but for the time being, I want to pass along the latest SNL Weekend Update.




This past week, the Supreme Court ruled that the Westboro Baptist Church funeral protests are protected by the First Amendment. Although this is DISGUSTING and DISGRACEFUL and has NOTHING to do with God's Will (or anything remotely close to God) and these soldiers they are protesting were participating in their RIGHT to protest, it's all legal. I dislike that it's legal, because it's so terribly ridiculous, but it is protected by our right to free speech. Just like anyone who does something this terrible (a man buying a prostitute, someone hurting the weak and helpless, etc.) and gets away with it, I have to remember that God sees everything. He is the one who will have the final judgment. It's not my battle. It's only God's.

Romans 12:19-21 NIV: Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

So Westboro Baptist- I hope you have a freakin' SPLENDID day and FINALLY realize that you're nuts and no better than the Pharisees who also didn't "get" Jesus. I pray that you wake up and realize how HATEFUL you are and far from the Lord. Have a great one! :)

That's my best attempt at showing them love. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!