Friday, September 30, 2011

Blessings by Short-Term Teams

I'm so happy and excited to welcome our first short-term mission team here in Pattaya. It's my first time showing the city around (to the best of my knowledge) and seeing it through brand-new eyes. I remember the first time I came here and how much emotion filled me as I watched injustice happen at almost every street corner. It's refreshing to see their reactions and also affirming that there is still so much work to be done here.

I'm exhausted from a full day around the city but I feel compelled to express the wonderful blessing that short-term teams can bring. They get the rare opportunity to serve the servant and affirm their journey. It's such a blessing to be around such supportive people. It lifts me up!

One of the things that I love most about short-term teams is that they are only here for a little while, but the memory of what goes on here is burned into their hearts forever. Once they see the state of the city, they will pray for God's Kingdom to come, on earth as it is in Heaven. They will pray for the servants and pray for divine appointments that will turn the city and it's people around. That is one more person who is praying for God to majorly claim the ground as His.

This last three weeks has been a roller coaster, but I feel so privileged to ride it because I know this is what the Lord has for me. It's a beautiful thing to see God's beautiful creation painted in front of you and you get the opportunity to connect the dots. What an HONOR! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!